Thursday 22 November 2012

Why is Mr O'Neill So Glum?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Our winning essay from Daniel this week
It's the start of a new week when I'm tired and too lazy to come to school. I always feel like this at the start of a new week, but as soon as I walk through the school gates, I feel renewed and have a joyful smile on my face knowing my friends are waiting for me. Friends I think are the best part about school; but teachers I'm not to bothered about them. I do respect them for helping all of us kids, but sometimes they bring their problems to school. But there is one lad I admire and that's Mr O, short for Mr O'Neill. He's our school principal; he yells a lot, but he's only doing the right thing, just trying to make the school a better place and I respect that.
Lunch time's finished but I don't want to go inside. Us boys were having a good kick around playing football. But soon enough the duty teacher comes around and rains on our parade and we are forced to go inside. As I casually walk in through the office, I hear someone moping and whimpering. I thought all the teachers have smiles on their faces on Monday, but I guess one isn't so lucky today.
I look at Mrs Hill, concerned, but she doesn't pay any attention to the look on my face. So I walk to Mr O'Neill's office noticing I am getting closer to the sounds of sadness. I see Mr O 'Neill sitting at his desk, with his head tillted downwards. Now I'm even more concerned knowing it's my fav man Mr O. To tell the truth I've never actually been in Mr O'Neill's office. I'm pretty well behaved (if you no what I mean). I nosy around the room and surprise I see Reece Mastine..... YES! Reece Mastine posters all over the walls. I go blind for a second then finally getting to my senses. I see Mr O'Neill's head has finally popped up. I feel I have disturbed him for entering his Reece Mastine head space.
Before I can get out he screams at me like a little girl. As I race back to the class room, I try to forget the tragic scene I was in. You know, I've seem MrO'Neill telling people off outside his office. Well I guess you know why, huh.

The next day as I wake I swing open the curtains. It's a stunning day outside. But then Mr O pops into my head..... Oh well let's forget about him it's a lovely day outside. I'm set and ready for school so I'm off.
I arrive at school seeing all the kids playing outside enjoying the sun. Then out of the corner of my eye I catch Mr O'Neill. Mr O usually enjoys the sun, but he just walks across the playground dragging his feet along with him.
I enter the office about to ask Mrs Hill what on earth is wrong with Mr O. I come to a halt. Stopping myself. I think before I ask and remember the Reece Mastin posters. Didn't Reece Mastin have a concert in New Zealand. Yes he did I remember. Mr O must have missed the concert. That's why he's so depressed. He's obviously crazy about the guy.
I storm out of the office door, not minding anyone else, so as to end this reign of terror. I stride over to Mr O and tap him on the shoulder. He surprisingly turns around still moping. I reach my arm out so it's able to touch his face then I shockingly give him a good old slap right across his face. It is pretty ghastly. Mr O'Neill stops moping and looks directly at mme. I look back in terror wondering what's going to happen next.
His face gets even redder causing the slap mark to become camouflaged, and he yells,"DETENTION!" Well at least my favorite man is back to normal.

Location:Colombo St,Christchurch,New Zealand

1 comment: