Tuesday 13 September 2011

Rugby World Cup Essay 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup. It's a big topic, now where can I start? How do Cantabrians feel about the Rugby World Cup? If you go around Christchurch asking everybody this question I think I know exactly what they will say. "Disappointed".

Now I know a lot of people that are disappointed that the Rugby World Cup isn't held in Christchurch. I forbone am, and so is Bob Parker and probably most of Christchurch.

Everyday, I wonder what it would have been like for Christchurch to host such a big event like this. Crowded streets, lots of cheering, lots of traffic and what my parents personally find annoying, no parking spaces.

The city has put a lot of hard work to making this Rugby World Cup so unique and fantastic. I mean the AMI stadium alone has cost us great millions of dollars. Just to see all that hard work go to waste.

Personally, I think it's unfair to move all the vents to other places just because there was silt on the field and a few cracks on the floor. But when I saw the grand opening of the Rugby World Cup, I was amazed! I'm still happy that my country got to hold this marvellous event. But it would have been very nice to have a break from all those stressing moments from the earthquakes. Now I know this is reality, I just want someone to prove me wrong.

By: Maria Infante


- Posted by Mrs Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment