Tuesday 13 September 2011

Shweta's RWC essay

Tuesday 13th September 2011
    Rugby world Cup 2011
It’s nice to know that Auckland is being remembered by millions of people around the world due to the Rugby World Cup 2011. But I don’t think everyone’s happy with where the Rugby World Cup 2011 is being held. Well to be honest, I’m not.
I’m sad that the Rugby World Cup is being held in Auckland and not in Christchurch not because I’m jealous of Auckland but it’s because we would make more money, we could be known by so many people around the world, and more people would come to watch.
As well as that, travelling would be easier but then on the other hand, people from other countries who would want to watch the Rugby World Cup would have to travel overseas which would cost heaps of money, so one way or the other you’ll have to pay money.
I reckon that the Rugby World Cup 2011 should’ve been held in Christchurch (although travelling would be hard) because by making more money we could use that money for donating to sick people, it could help the Cantabrians who have lost their jobs, and along with that it could also help us to rebuild our city.
Whenever I hear people on news talking about the Rugby World Cup happening in Auckland and how they are enjoying it, I feel really bad inside because us Cantabrians have been going through a very tough time and I guess if we could have some entertainment our minds will be off from the stress the earthquake has given us.
If the Rugby World Cup 2011 could take place in Christchurch, there would be traffic, parties, people drinking, and heaps of noise, but I don’t think it’s bad because probably people would just want to celebrate, but also at the same time I think they should be able to control theirselves and not go all crazy.
By: Shweta Samantha Nand
 
I personally think that the Rugby World Cup should’ve been held in Christchurch because I think that the Cantabrians deserved it since, even though they went through such a hard time, they were still strong and standing on their feet cheering for their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment