Thursday 29 September 2011

Isra










Talofa Lava! I'm Isra Ah Kuoi, and I'm a proud Samoan! My parents are Samoan, my Dad's parents come from Samoa and the village of Savaia and the island of Upolu. My Mum's Dad is from Samoa and the village of Lotofaga and the the island of Upolu and my Mum's Mum is from Samoa and the village of Sataua and the island of Sava'ii. Every night before tea we pray the rosary in Samoan usually the highest person in the house would lead us. Eg.(Chiefs) In our house it's my Grandad, he is the fourth highest Chief in his village. After that we say a Samoan prayer before we eat. If we have guests while we say the rosary then we have to wear an Ie Lava Lava. (Including the guys!)

Now that's all I know about Samoan culture, but imagine lists of other Samoan traditions, woah!
Tofa Soi Fua!

No comments:

Post a Comment